How can I obtain a business license or event permit?

Business licensing and special event permits are different for each municipality. You may require a business license, special event permit, or both. Plan ahead and start early as obtaining the proper permitting may take weeks or months. Make sure you are aware of and comply with federal, state/provincial, and local laws. Please contact your local municipal authority for more information. In North America, you can usually reach your city by dialing 311, standard carrier charges may apply.

Here are some helpful links on special event permits to get you started:

Vancouver Temporary Event License and Permits

New York City Event Permitting

City of Toronto Event Planning

Have more questions? Submit a request