Can I visit a space before I book?
We encourage all guests to complete their bookings through our website before meeting in person to best ensure their safety and privacy. In addition, viewings cost both guests and hosts time. It is much faster to book a space without a viewing if you can avoid it.
There are many ways to learn more about the place to stay and the host without visiting the space, including:
- Private messaging
- Profile verifications
- Verified photography
However, we know that sometimes it is necessary to see a space in person before booking.
Book a Viewing
We strongly encourage you to message the host with any questions first before booking a viewing. Hosts are much more likely to accept your request for viewing if they know what you are planning is the right fit for their space.
- Connect with a host by clicking Ask a Question from the listing of the space you want to view.
- Select what you are using the space for, the estimated length of your booking, your phone number. Then type in as many details about what you are planning
- Click the blue Send message button.
- On the following screen, you will enter a chat with the host
- Click the Book a Viewing button.
- Select the date you would like a book a viewing.
- Click the dropdown menu to Pick a time to select a time and then click Save.
- If you would like to add additional availability, click +Add more availability. You can add up to 3 dates and times you are available for a viewing.
- Once you are ready to send your availabilities to the host click the blue Send Options button.
Once the viewing is confirmed by the host, you will receive a confirmation by email with the date, time, and address of the space.
Remember to never communicate or exchange payment outside of thisopenspace. To protect your booking, note any details discussed in-person in your messages with the host on thisopenspace. In case of disputes, this is the only way we can verify your correspondence with a host and help with a resolution.