How do I obtain a business license or event permit?

Business licensing and special event permits are different for each municipality. You may require a business license, special event permit, or both. Plan ahead and start early as obtaining the proper documentation may take weeks or months.

Be aware of and comply with federal, state/provincial, and local laws. Please contact your local municipal authority for more information. In North America, you can usually reach your city by dialling 311, standard carrier charges may apply.

Here are some helpful links on special event permits to get you started:

Vancouver Temporary Event License and Permits on Private Property

New York City Permits

City of Toronto Permits

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us