How can I help a guest book my space?
There are a few ways a guest can book your space. The fastest way is for a guest to send a request to book available dates on your calendar. If you can host, accept the request within 24 hours to maintain your response rate. If a potential guest is having trouble requesting, you can check to see if the dates are blocked. If a request is about to expire before you’re able to accept it, you can message the guest to ask them questions before accepting the request.
Ways to help a guest book your space
- If a guest makes an inquiry, you can send an offer to make it easier for them to book. Guests can then book once they receive your offer.
- If a guest makes an inquiry, you can also send an offer to suggest different pricing or other dates. Guests can then book once they receive your offer.
- If a guest requests to book your space, you can accept their request for those dates. You can also send an offer suggesting different pricing or other dates. Guests can then book once they receive your offer.
What you can do if a request expires
- If a request to book expires your message thread with the guest will be closed and you will not have any other options for contacting the guest. Your response rate will also be negatively impacted.
- Guests may contact you in a new message thread if they wish to request to book your space again.
Sometimes a guest cancels a request to book within 24 hours of sending it and before you have a chance to accept or decline. This is usually intentional and tends to happen when a guest ended up booking another space for the same dates.