Off-Platform Policy ⚡️NEW!
Effective December 1, 2020
By hosting on thisopenspace, you agree to abide by our terms and policies, including our Terms of Service, which we reserve the right to enforce at our sole discretion. In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate a person’s account.
In order to protect our community and business, the following behaviors are prohibited:
Asking guests for contact information prior to booking
All guest communications prior to booking should be on thisopenspace. Asking guests for contact information prior to booking is prohibited. This includes:
- Asking guests for their phone number or email address prior to booking
- Asking guests to call or email in order to discuss prior to booking (e.g. offering a deeper discount for booking directly by phone).
- Asking guests to go to a third-party website or fill out a form in order to make a booking (e.g. stating bookings need to go directly through a separate website)
Asking guests for contact information after a booking or misusing contact information provided by thisopenspace
This includes asking for or using contact information for any reasons unrelated to a guest’s booking, or in a way that compromises the quality of a guest’s booking. Guests should be able to communicate directly with hosts about their bookings through messaging, phone calls, and text all through thisopenspace. Soliciting additional contact information (email address, social media account, etc...) should be avoided. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Asking guests for an email address for the purpose of their thisopenspace booking and then subscribing them to marketing materials
- Asking guests to move the conversation to texts or emails in order to circumvent thisopenspace's platform
- Asking guests for contact information after a booking in order to solicit reviews on social media
Guests should always feel like they have an option to opt-out of receiving marketing materials.
Asking guests for feedback off of thisopenspace
Asking for guests to review you or your listing off of thisopenspace takes valuable input about a guest’s booking away from thisopenspace's community. We want guests to share their feedback directly on thisopenspace so that other guests may benefit from their insights. This includes:
- Asking guests to review a thisopenspace booking on a non-thisopenspace website, or taking reviews from thisopenspace and posting them on a non-thisopenspace website
- Asking guests to fill out a survey regarding a thisopenspace booking via a non-thisopenspace website or form off of thisopenspace
Asking guests to create a separate account or install a third-party app in order to access their booking
Guests booking through thisopenspace should be able to access their booking using only the thisopenspace platform.
This includes asking guests to create a separate account or register on another website besides thisopenspace.com