What if I need to cancel because of a problem with the space or host?
If anything unexpected comes up during your booking, generally it’s a good idea to try talking to your host first—most hosts prefer to quickly resolve any issue by fixing it, offering a partial refund, or both. You can message your host from your inbox.
If you come to an agreement with your host that includes reimbursement, you and your host can contact us to send or receive money. If your host cancels your booking, you will always get a full refund, including all fees and taxes.
Issues that may be eligible for a refund claim
- No access to the space, e.g. if the host provides the wrong lockbox code and can’t be reached, or if they change your booking to another space without your consent
- Space isn’t safe upon arrival e.g. under construction or there are safety or health hazards
- Key amenities are missing or not working e.g. without electricity or not ground level
- Space isn’t as it was described in the listing description e.g. accessibility features are missing
Submit your claim within 24 hours
If you encounter an issue like one of the above at any point during your trip:
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or videos to document issues
- Contact us: Email thisopenspace within 24 hours of noticing the issue, and share your photos or videos
- Remain available: We’ll need to follow up with the next steps specific to you