How do star ratings work?
In addition to written reviews, guests can submit a set of category star ratings for their booking.
Guests can give ratings on:
- Accuracy. How accurately did the listing page represent the space? For example, guests should be able to find up-to-date info and photos in the listing description.
- Communication. How well did you communicate before and during the booking? Guests often care that their host responds quickly, reliably, and frequently to their messages and questions.
- Quality of Space. Did the guest feel that the listing met their expectations?
- Amenities. How did the guest feel about the amenities that were available during the booking? Guests often care that all the amenities listed are available, working, and in good condition.
- Cleanliness. Did the guest feel that the space was clean and tidy?
Where to find star ratings
A host needs to receive star ratings from at least 1 guest before the rating will display on their listing. At the top of a listing page, the number of stars displayed is an aggregate of the scores guests have given for that listing. At the bottom of a listing page, there's an aggregate for each category rating.
An aggregate of star ratings also appears on public profiles of guests and hosts. To view a host's aggregate star ratings click on the host's profile photo from the listing page. To find yours, go to your profile and click View my profile.